How to transfer spotify playlist to apple music
Ever since the release of Apple music, Music lovers have been enjoying the very popular music streaming service on their Apple devices. However Apple music is competition to other services like Spotify or radio and people who have already purchased subscription on other services such as Spotify , may have some difficulty recreating their playlists on Apple music but don’t worry. By the end of this article you have successfully imported all your playlists from Spotify to Apple music.
The folks over at movetoapple.com have created an app, which is only available for mac at this point in time, that can move your spotify and radio playlists over to your Apple music account. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Unfortunately this app is not free but the $5 fee for moving thousands and thousands of songs in your playlists, is totally worth it.
- You will also need your Macbook, Macbook pro , iMac or whatever Apple computer you own as this app only currently supports OSx.
- Lastly, if you dont have your account logged in , on hand, on your spotify or radio, you’ll need to log into that too.
- Go to movetoapple.com and purchase the app itself.
- Install the app and once you’re done installing proceed with the onscreen instructions.
- The app will require you to first login into your Spotify or radio account so go ahead and do that.
- After logging in, you should see a check marked list of your playlist. Just select the playlists that you want to export and click on next.
One of the hardest parts of using this app is the amount of alerts that iTunes will bombard you with because of this app.
- After you click ‘Capture session’ Launch iTunes and then immediately click any song with a heart next to it. There will be a couple of alerts popping up on your screen by this time. Just keep clicking on continue until you have a few seconds to click that heart.
- Once you have clicked a heart, jump back to the app and you will see that the countdown has appeared and your spotify/radio playlists are being transferred to your Apple music account.
- After the transfer has completed you will need to save you playlist to your computer.
- Finally restart iTunes and then go to Files > Library > Import Playlists and then choose the recently saved playlist ( the playlist is saved in .txt format )
The process may take some time but that is entirely up to the number of songs you have in each playlist or the number of playlists that you are transferring. Its the only real complaint i have with the app but its way better than to manually add all the songs yourself. People who use iTunes on their iPhones, fear not as it may take some time for the playlists to fully sync over all your devices but it will show up in some time. So that’s all there’s to it! Have fun listening to some sweet Music!